Subject: Re: [Leica] Michael's PAW 38 & 39
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:35:25 -0500

Michael,
I have fond memories of the Black Watch Highland Regiment Pipes and
Drums when I was a teenager in Germany.  I suppose they were stationed
in the British Zone at the same time (late 50's early 60's) , because
we got to see them at Fasching and other important parades.  (Either
that, or some Commanding Officer had some pull.)

I like the painterly look of the wedding shot.  Amazing things those
Leicas.  People barely pay them any mind in places like Mass.  My
Priest in New Orleans would only let me shoot pictures during
Baptisms.  He would be happy to pose afterwards, but He didn't like
the noise and flash of other cameras.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
> http://www.goodphotos.com/01wk38.html
> Loon Mt. Highland Games 2001. IIIc/Elmar 50/3.5.
>
> http://www.goodphotos.com/01wk39.html
> Saturday's wedding mass....a quick shot with my IIIc/Elmar 50/3.5. I
wasn't
> actually paid to shoot the ceremony just the portraits afterward and
> candids at the reception...but I wanted to play with the cool light
in the
> church and not disturb the wedding. The IIIc is the quietest camera
I own.