Subject: Re: [Leica] Big Questions about Leicaflex and 1-cam lenses! :)
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:06:15 -0400

The Leitz SLR bayonet is forward and backward compatible through the R7.
Metering forward from the body the lens was designed for is stop down as
you've heard.  My manuals tell me to add about a stop of exposure but mine
have always worked centering the needle/led.  I don't have any 3rd cam only
lens so I can't expound on metering modern lens to old body.  I understand
that  ROM lenses on earlier cameras can ruin the contacts on the lens but
you should check the archives as I am real hazy on this one.

Check out Doug Herr's web site for more information.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com