Subject: [Leica] Why is the lowest shutter speed on a Leica M6 1/1000?
From: "Wang, Albert" <Albert.Wang@ibx.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:38:02 -0400

Hi everyone,

This is hopefully a straightforward question I've decided to propose. Why is
the lowest shutter speed on a Leica M6 1/1000? Could it be possible to have
a 1/8000 shutter speed on a rangefinder because I note that the Leica R8 has
that option?

I was wondering whether it was the inherent limitations of a rangefinder
which causes Leica to design their M series (at least from M4 to M6) at the
lowest shutter speed of 1/1000 rather than jacking it downward. :)

sincerely,
Alfie
DISCLAIMER