Subject: Re: [Leica] air travel any where??
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:40:29 -0700

Roland Smith wrote:
>>> Does this mean that I will have to remove the batteries from my hearing
aids
> in order to pass through security?<<<<

Hi Roland,
Now that opens an interesting topic not directly Leica oriented, although it
would be considered on topic by the number of hearing impaired leica users
I've met over the years. must be the loud shutter release on the M.;-)

Like you, I wear "acoustic enhancers" as I like to call them and mine are
controlled by a unit I carry in my pocket that has three AAA batteries to
operate the controls.

I usually put it in the tray along with coins and most times the security
people hold it up and ask . "what's this?" I point to my ears and say... "My
hearing aid control!" Their reply, "OK." and they hand it to me!

Now it's a whole new ball game if they are removing the batteries out of a
camera, let alone something most have never seen before with 3 AAA's
enclosed. I can make two little red lights flash as I make loudness
adjustments. but that's nothing they can hear but me

If anything untoward happens I shall surely let the family know, as it could
be very interesting...... OR? Nada!

Place yer bets ladies and gentlemen, batteries out and deaf or batteries in
and hear? :-) God, we've got to make some humour out of all this or surely
we'll all go completely mad!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant