Subject: Re: [Leica] Security and Selenium Meters
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:09:09 -0700

Marc James Small wrote:

>>> Actually, Ted, it IS logical.  A light meter can be a holder for many
> nefarious tools, so caution is called for.  With a cell phone or camera or
> the like which can be disabled by the removal of batteries, there is a
> probability (NOT a certainty!) that the items are legitimate.  But when
> this simple test can't be performed, then some caution is in order.<<<<<

Hi Marc,
Thanks for that "on - off "element,  I never thought about it in that light
showing it actually was a working item as you point out

And as long as it's taken and carried on the same plane and not sent through
mail to a destination I'd not have any problem with the pilot whomever
having it for return upon landing.

I might mention an incident many years ago on having a very small knife
re-moved from my shoulder bag at the carry on scanner. The item was put in
an envelope and turned over to the pilot for safe keeping until we landed at
destination.

About half way to our destination the pilot came through the cabin and
handed me the brown envelope with my name on it, and much to my surprise
said...
" Here you are sir, might as well have this back now as we'll be there soon
and I don't want to forget returning it to you!!"

What are the bets that would happen today!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant