Subject: Re: [Leica] WASRe: 35-70mm zoom NOW: the no carry on question.
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:14:46 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:
>>> My Mother just flew (2 days ago) from Calgary to New York and was told
to show up 3 hours early at check-in. So she showed up at 5am for an 8am
flight, then stood around for 2 1/2 hours waiting for the airline check-in
people to show up. The check-in people rushed all the passengers through in
a half-hour.<<<<

Hi Steve,
That's what I was told the other day for check-in here at Victoria, Canada
for the fight to Vancouver, connecting to Chicago-Portland, Maine flight.
But for us to arrive 3 hours early means getting up at 3 a.m to arrive three
hours early, so that equates to 5 hours before flight time.

And I'm not really a happy puppy getting out of bed at 3 a.m., certainly if
I find I'm twiddling my thumbs sitting in the airport for 3 hours! :-(

So fellow travelers may I suggest you make some tight last minute checking
with the airline... AND the airport security folks the day before your
flight to make sure you're not throwing away some of your lifetime moments
sitting there becoming fummingly frustrated due to misinformation on
security time allowances..

Hell I don't mind being there ten hours before, "IF I knew" it was
absolutely necessary and the check-in people were going to be there also and
not still in their warm fuzzy beds!

However, I believe as many of you, I'm sure we and our Leicas will overcome
all of this in good time once the world shakes down to a greater feeling of
normalcy. Heavens I sure hope so.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant