Subject: Re: [Leica] air travel USA to Europe ?...
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:29:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/01 6:12:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kididdoc@home.com writes:

<< I was  told by a returning friend  that in
 Detroit  yesterday,  all batteries in cameras etc.  had to be removed from
 the device and stowed in checked suitcases..."why? Acid!"  ??....

I flew yesterday and had no problems from Philadelphia, but a lot of hastle
in Houston. Nothing intolerable, though- just had to open everything up. I
would suggest that you not have film in the camera and buy your film where
you are going if you can because they x- rayed everything. I definitely
notice the effects of repeated xrays and I have a suspicion that they
increased the dose. In philadelphia they had a sign saying that the xray
would damage film.
Bob Figlio