Subject: [Leica] Best week for ages!
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:57:07 +0100

Dear Luggers,

I've just had the best week for ages!  I've not really felt like doing much
following the death of my Father in Law in August, but that's behind me now
and I have finally started to work through a backlog of about 25 films.
The films are mainly shots taken with the M6 during our summer holiday in
France - some architectural, some candids and some landscapes.  I managed 11
work prints one evening last week and some of the results look quite
promising.  However, today, I managed to produce 20 work prints in one
session and I had to stop only when I ran out of drying rack space.
Of the thirty or so prints that I have made so far this week,  I reckon that
15 are probably worth putting on to fibre.  Not bad considering that I have
only worked through 3 or 4 films so far.

Earlier this week, there was a thread about developers for Delta 100.  Well,
I used ID11 for my films.  I have to say that I am pretty pleased with it -
the prints are quite contrasty - probably equivalent to grade 2 and a half
or even three when compared to pictures taken on HP5 plus developed in
Perceptol.  I may need to cut my development time a bit, but I am undecided
at the moment.

So after a great darkroom session today (it was pouring down this morning) I
drove into the local town centre and wandered around with the M6.  By this
time, the weather had improved and it was worth while having a go at some
street shots.  Nothing much seemed to be happening until I spotted a lady
talking on a mobile phone whilst peering into a shop window.  The light was
just right and from where I was standing it looked just like she was talking
to her own reflection. Do you know that feeling you get when you just know
you have a potential winner?  Well I think this could be it - assuming of
course the exposure, composition and focus are all spot on.  But that's
enough pessimism!  As soon as I have some decent prints, I'll post them up
for critique.

Oh and the icing on the cake today?  A brand new chrome 0.58 M6TTL.  It had
been bought by someone in April, it's never been out of the box and I got
got a fantastic deal!

Gotta go - I feel the need to develop some more film amd make some more
prints!

Have a good weekend everyone

Regards

Mark Pope