Subject: Re: [Leica] 75/1.4
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:59:49 -0400

Hey...to each his or her own. I've found that, for me, even in those
situations, I want to be closer or further - I want to be able to get
just a bit more in the frame, which the 50 gives me, or I want the
intimacy of the 85-90 mm range. But it is a matter of taste, which is a
point someone trashing me yesterday missed. I never suggested that it
was 'wrong' to get the 75; I simply stated my views. And part of my view
is that it is, in terms of its optical properties, a spectacular lens. I
have always insisted, and will continue to insist, however, that the 75
Summilux and Nikon 85 1.4 - both AF and AIS - are virtual twins in terms
of the image results they produce.

B. D.