Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 sharp up close
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:29:02 -0700

At 6:00 PM -0400 9/27/01, Don Dory wrote:
>Using the M3 you couldn't ask for any sharper, down to the fine detail.
>However, using the M6 it is a little soft up close especially to 2.8.  So,
>that means that the viewfinder magnification lacks something for me as all
>my other lenses focus just fine; even the Russian 50 Sonnar clone at 1.5.
>
>Don Dory
>dorysrus@mindspring.com

My 75 is sharp down to its closest focussing distance of about 0.7m,
which gives me the tightest framing of any M lens. Focusses fine on
my M6's and M4. If your 75 doesn't focus correctly down to the
closest distance, it's a matter of the focussing adjustment between
the lens cam and the camera focussing geometry. It can all be
adjusted to work.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design