Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Web Site Software
From: "William F. Whitaker" <wfwhitaker@wfwhitaker.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:56:55 -0700

Dear Charles,

While I don't make any claims that my web site is anything to rave about,
I've made simplicity and an "aesthetic look" priorities rather than
technical pizzaz. The fact that it's still "under construction" after a year
is due to the lack of current material as my darkroom has been completed
rather than because of technical stumbling blocks. Nevertheless the basic
structure is there. I hacked the html in "Simple Text", an extremely basic
and limited Mac word processing application, and ftp'd the pages to my site.
If I find a site I like, I look at "View Page Source" to see how it was
done. The risks here are obvious!

This isn't to belittle the usefulness of website software at all; it depends
on what you want as a final product. But I'd rather spend my time doing
photography than arguing with a computer.

Best,
Will

William F. Whitaker
http://wfwhitaker.com