Subject: Re: [Leica] OT re the N****n 135 3.5 LTM
From: "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:04:07 -0400

Don Dory <dorysrus@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Does anyone with experience with this lens know if it is a knockoff
> of the Zeiss 135 F4.0 Sonnar? It looks extremely sharp and
> contrasty and I am sure that someone on this list might know if it
> was designed a little too closely to the German design. Compared
> to the Culminar and Hektor in this focal length it appears to have a
> lot more bite. This was another lens that sort of fell into my
> possession and I'm curious as to its ancestry.

I own one of these too, in chrome. Like most '50s era Nikon products the
Zeiss influence is evident. It's solid, hefty, beautifully made. Sharp as a
razor. It even has a tripod socket, which IMO all 135s should have. I agree
with Dante here...this Nikkor is an example of the imitator one-upping the
original.

- -Dave-