Subject: RE: [Leica] Required reading on shutter designs
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:16:07 -0700

I had forgotten the issue with the X Synch.....  With sa shutter that
travels only 2/3 th edistance, a fully open shutter ( required for X Synch)
(as opposed to a slit for higher shutter speeds) could be allowed to be open
for shorter periods of time, giving a higher x synch speed......

Of course, for the flashbulb tyros, this is all anathema!

And yes, I did try the Contax and make elongated bike wheels ( non round)
..... but that was when I had no better things to do with my time...

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net