Subject: Re: [Leica] Hawk Hill 2001
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 20:08:31 -0700

On Mon, 24 September 2001, Dave Hillman wrote:

> This is a great experience for anyone that has even a passing interest at all
> in the raptors.

<SNIP>

> There were probably 100 people on the hill at one
> time including a group doing a census the day we went.  Trying to see and
> identify what these people are seeing at anything close to real time seems
> impossible.  If you don't have the equipment suitable for birds on the wing,
> bring your street photo and or landscape gear.
>
> I'm not a birder, but I really like the hawks.
>
> Doug, thanks for the invite on Saturday.  We'll try to make it.
>
> Dave

The census is conducted every day during the fall migration.  I'll be there friday.  Family commitments make weekends extremely difficult but whenever you or anyone else can make it will be worth tthe effort.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe