Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: wk38/sl
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:32:59 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:
>>And in case anybody wants to jump on this, I do not take photos of
homeless, disabled, excessively obese or pictures of people in an
embarrassing situation.<<<<<

Hey Steve,
Right on man, as those who go out and shoot that kind of stuff are doing
picture taking like shooting fish in a barrel!

The down and outers are generally a piece of cake and some of the street
shooters should try "street shooting the rich and famous!" And this is where
one sorts out the men from the boys! ;-) And I suppose the women from the
girls!

OK, I'm gender sensitive, I have to mention the ladies!~

I mean some of the LUG ladies are coming to my Leica Seminar in 3 weeks and
you guys aren't going to be there to do a face to face ..... "OK Ted explain
yourself on this "sort out the men from the boys! What the hell do you think
we are?"

Lads they have such a nice way of putting it! ;-)

OK Tina and any of you other LUG ladies coming along please be kind as I'm a
senior citizen and can claim "seniors abuse!" ;-)

Sorry Steve got off the topic a bit.

But my point has always been, shooting down and outers is a fish barrel
shoot and almost any shot is interesting. It's when a photographer is
shooting the makers and shakers and coming up with great images is the time
they truly show their worth as "people photojournalist street shooters!"

Heck shooting the ordinary every day middle class folks is a demanding
challenge at best to capture, compared to those "easy kinds of images of a
drunk or lost soul in a cardboard box life style."

And you always do a cracker jack job of the whole cross section of life
style!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant