Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex Summicron lens on Leica R series?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 09:56:08 -0700

On Mon, 24 September 2001, "Wang, Albert" wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible to mount a Leicaflex Summicron lens on a Leica R series
> camera? I was thinking that they had the same bayonet mount?
>
> alfie

They don't have exactly the same mount but in general a Leicaflex lens will fit on an R camera (the reverse is not nessesarily true).  If the Leicaflex lens doesn't have the R metering cam you may have to use stop-down metering.  The R cam can be installed by Leica, or by independant repair technicians such as Sherry Krauter or DAG.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe