Subject: [Leica] re: light leak not art
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:22:13 EDT

my IIIf does this as well, although my m-3 does not. I finally figured out
that the light is not oozing around the edge of the shutter curtain -- it is
going right through it. Especially if you use a wide angle lens, the sun
projected onto the shutter curtain, especially a 50-year old one, glows right
through that sucker.

Use thy lens cap, cover the lens when not shooting whenever possible. Have
the curtain laminated with black vynal?

ctrentelman

In a message dated 9/24/01 1:06:38 AM,