Subject: Re: [Leica] Self introduction and first info-seeking topic
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:32:56 +0200

I agree with you wholeheartely!

Only - how can we make Leica hear our suggestions? It's likely the company
has chosen a different policy to develop their products.

Martin

i recall, as discussed in this group, there are some real mechanical
compromises that need to be addressed in order to make a shutter 2- or
4 times faster than the current leica M shutter.  the reliability
and quiet of the horizontal cloth shutter we now enjoy would likely be
lost.

on the other hand, perhaps it's possible to use the "other" synchro method,
namely, a long duration or hi-speed multi flash triggered by the
2nd curtain, illuminating the image continuously as the slit traverses the
frame, allowing sync to the max shutter speed.  olympus pioneered this back
in the 80's--i don't know if other "modern" cameras use this technique.

- -rei