Subject: [Leica] Re: Darkroom! (OT: Rodenstock/Schneider)
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:49:38 -0400

2001-09-23-13:37:59 Marc James Small:
> (And I have upgraded the miniature-format lens on the
> Beseler from a Beseler-HD to an APO-Rodagon, so I am rapidly losing excuses
> for taking lousy pictures!)

Okay, this is another off-topic foray, but it's something I've been
wondering about for awhile: what're people's actual fairly-hard
reasons for choosing between APO-Rodagons and APO-Componon-HMs?  I
guess I have this old prejudice for Schneiders based on how I've seen
the results from some of their large-format lenses and enlarging
lenses look, but it's based on older designs and I've never really had
much personal exposure to Rodenstocks.  I guess it sneaks somewhere
near our topic, because I'm mostly interested in printing Leicoid
negatives, and there are likely interactions between the fingerprints
of the optical systems...

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Darkroom! (OT: Rodenstock/Schneider))
Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: Darkroom! (OT: Rodenstock/Schneider))
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Darkroom! (OT: Rodenstock/Schneider))