Subject: RE: [Leica] 0.58 M-6 Classic
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 06:57:01 +0100

B. D. Colen wrote:

"Well, David, some would suggest that the TTL mearly corrects the
reversed shutter speed dial on all the previous Ms"

And I'd agree with them. However I made no comment on the relative merits of
the two designs, I *merely* said that *I* wanted the older direction.

I used the M6TTL for a couple of days at Solms, and I like it. Used on its
own, or in combination with other M6TTL bodies, the size of the dial , the
sensible direction and the three LED display are clear improvements.

However, when I try to use an M6TTL alongside an M3, M4, M6 .72 and M6 .85,
it's a gold-plated, fur-lined, ocean-going, rocket-powered f**k-up from
start to finish. I can't deal with a set of virtually identical camera
bodies where *one* of them has a shutter dial that goes in the opposite
direction.

This is undoubtedly because I am a weak-willed and feeble minded person, but
nevertheless it's my experience, and so I intend to spend some of my own
hard-earned and tax-paid money getting what *I* want, rather than what
someone else thinks I ought to have...

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] 0.58 M-6 Classic)