Subject: Re: [Leica] Soft release
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:35:43 -0700

Alan Magayne-Roshak wrote:

> > .....I lost my soft release and haven't replaced it yet. I probably need to
> >  buy a half dozen. They're great, but they seem to escape easily.
> >
> >  Dave
>
> I'm amazed at the number of posters using "soft releases".  To me the Leica
> M3 shutter button is already the world's best, and doesn't need anything
> extra.  I use M2,3,4's; does the M6 have a rougher feel?
>
> Alan M-R

The design on the M3 IS the best and the ones which came later were not the same
at all.
The M3 has a dish cavity you can ROLL your finger into during release.
When i eventually get an M3 that will be the only body I'll not be using softies with.
I got some loctite last week and some other different color softies.
They really are nice. I loose a frame every so often but it doesn't throw me.
Less so because i am now using camera straps, Domke's, instead of putting
strapless cameras into small bags.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA