Subject: Re: [Leica] finder flare
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:56:26 -0500

Pablo,

My M6 drives me batty with flare. At the suggestion of a fellow Lugger, I did
put 2 small strips of Scotch tape on the window. I still have flare.

In a pinch what I've found to work is to frame up my shot and set the meter.
Then I take my right hand over the top deck of the camera, cover the window with
my index finger a bit and do my focusing with my left hand which is cradling my
camera body. It is awkward as can be but it has saved me more times than I care
to count.

The same man who makes the Sling makes the shade you ask about. I, too, need to
order one. His web site is
http://www.konermann.net/sling.html

Happy shooting.
Lea