Subject: Re: [Leica] New Panasonic Digital with Leica lens
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:35:26 -0400

The format of my Minolta Dimage 7 is 4:3, which just happens to exactly
fill an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of inkjet printing paper perfectly (and almost
fills an A3 sized sheet).  I'd be disappointed in a digital camera that
insisted on copying the format of an older technology.  Also, since the
lens is fixed, I don't have to worry about either the size of the CCD
(except for technical problems with small CCDs that relate to excess noise,
which I don't find to be a problem in the case of my camera), nor getting
dust on the CCD when I have to change lenses.

dan c.