Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New Aviation Rules
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:07:23 -0400

At 08:38 AM 9/18/01 -0400, Sal DiMarco,Jr. wrote:

>    Well, I just left the British Airways web site and there is NO notice
>about a ban, and I called their 800 number to double check and there is NO
>such ban.

Sal

This wasn't British Airways;  it was a small independent airline, Raynair
(?), which is supposed to have banned carry-on luggage.  This has been
reported in the US media as well.

The Canadian government is considering a ban on all carry-on luggage.

I agree, though, that panic is not called for;  I further agree that things
will return to some degree of "normalcy" (a system we all can live with) at
some near point in the future.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!