Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital M
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:57:13 EDT

Absolutely, the film will beat the digital hands down at the moment. This is a combined marketing ploy to get money on the part of Leica. The quality of Leica lenses will add nothing to the cameras and I would question whether they will be up to Leicas normal standard, it simply isn't needed. I would guess just the name is being used on a Japanese lens. But it does mean that Leica will gain financially and thus be able to make us decent cameras for longer.

Gerry
www.gerrywalden.co.uk