Subject: [Leica] RE:wide and tele lenses for M6 - which one???
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:36:53 +0200

"Dear LUGs,

my wife has an M6 with 50 Noctilux.  She is planning to expand the M system
(we also have R4s and R7), by purchasing a wide angle and a tele.  Given
that she still does not know what length for both wide and tele (she is
also "spoiled" by the extra-fast Noctilux) //For the teles, the 90 Elmarit
2.8, Summicron 2.0 or Summicron 2.0 APO-ASPH?
 And also the 135mm 2.8 Elmarit or the slower but APO 3.4?
I apologize all these questions, but I am sure your knowledge on them is
great, and your opinions are welcome, any of them.
Thank you all very much!!!

Andrea "

Andrea,

My bag carries normally the M6 with Noctilux as standard lens and two
Summicron ASPH the 28mm f1:2 and the 90mm f1:2. I think that it is not
posible to improve this combo. If no interior pictures are forecast I should
change the Noctilux and use the third Sumí the 50mm f1:2, beeing better in
normal light but with the Noctilux I'm sure to get the dark insides of the
buildings I'm visiting. Honestly I thing it is the best available
combination, but not the cheaper precisely...

Kind regards

Félix