Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm vs 24
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:32:58 +0200

Charles,

The 24mm is an amazing lens, by far the best wide angle I have ever held
in my hands (I have not tried the new 28mm, but I do not consider that
sufficiently wide for me). And one of its greatest characteristics is
the relative absence of distortion. Of course you will see some if you
include a person in the corner of the frame, but much less than you
would expect.

I would buy it, chrome or no chrome.

Nathan

Charles Mégnin wrote:

> I recently found out that there is no such thing as a chrome
> 24mm lens for my (chrome) M6TTL (maybe I shouldn't care, but I
> do). It's a real bummer as I am interested
> in landscape photography. So the choices are between
> a 35 and a 24 but I am concerned the 24 will distort the image
> too much and the 35 isn't wide-angle enough.
> I'd love to hear your opinions on the topic.
> Thanks
> Charles

- --
Nathan Wajsman