Subject: RE: [Leica] new yorkers, washingtonians, etc.
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:12:01 -0400

What a mess.

One of my nieces came out of the subway 3 blocks from the World Trade
Center in New York, just in time to witness the first aircraft strike
the tower.  She has since left the city to rendezvous with family at a
distant location.

One of my Gannett coworkers was on the bridge by the Pentagon when the
American Airlines jet passed them approximately 100 yards away and
impacted the base of the Pentagon.  His father, a member of the military
personnel assigned there, is unhurt.

My wife was evacuated from the government facility at which she works,
out in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and is home safe and sound.

USA TODAY and Gannett personnel have evacuated the facilities in
Arlington, Virginia.  USA TODAY editorial staff members are currently
here at my location putting together tomorrow's edition.

Our prayers are with the others not so fortunate.

/Mitch Zeissler