Subject: [Leica] Bulk film loading
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:46:13 -0700

Several months ago, we had a discussion on attaching film to the spool in a
cassette when loading bulk film in cassettes.   At the time I remarked that
I had been using masking tape since around 1957 when I began my own loading
without any failure.

Well, after 41 years, I experienced a failure tonight.   The film pulled
loose.  I'll process the film tomorrow and assess the damage.

I still recommend masking tape.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California