Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Motor-M [#14408]
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:32:16 -0700

At 8:17 AM -0400 9/10/01, Sal DiMarco,Jr. wrote:
>KK,
>     Do not worry, the camera and motor were designed to take the increase
>torque. Leica would not has issued the motor drive, if it would damage
>cameras.
>     While, I have no personal experience with Tom Abrahamsson's rapid
>winder, they have been around long enough and there have been no reported
>torque problems.
>     Personally, I prefer using real Leicavits on my M6s.
>Happy Snaps,
>Sal DiMarco, Jr.
>Philadelphia, PA

I've used Leicavits in the past, and they are not as well made nor
likely as durable as Tom's Rapidwinders. The Rapidwinders are
simpler, sturdier and generally smoother than Leicavits.

And they are not as likely to cause accidental appendectomies with
heavy lenses mounted as the tips of the handles are not as sharp.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com