Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom Mystery
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:34:26 -0700

Mārtiņš Zelmenis wrote:

> Do try AGFA.
> I presume no other bw paper maker can beat AGFA nowadays.
>
> Martin
>
> >I think it was Ilford. An inconsistency in the batch. It happens. Less with
> >Kodak but Ilford makes far better black and white papers in most peoples
> opinion.
> >

> >Mark Rabiner
> >
> >Portland, Oregon
> >USA
> >
> >http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

I used Afga Brovira or Broviraspeed in the 70's and early 80's.
Everyone i knew then used Portriga, it was the silver crunch.
I had more problems with those guys than i later had in the later 80's and 90's
with Ilford.
I LOVE Ilfords MC papers. They just will once in a blue moon put out a bum
batch. No biggie.
Nothing beats Kodak for consistency. And mediocrity.