Subject: [Leica] Rewinding film in M6 outside cassette
From: Anthony Woolf <awoolf@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:24:08 -0700

Rewind the film until it softly goes "crunch," with another 1/2 to 3/4
wind and then stop, pop open the base plate, and presto. I routinely
take out one film and put in another this way (eg b/w to color, or b/w
100 to 1600), but have to be fastidious about marking where to wind
forward to (always last frame wound to +1).