Subject: [Leica] Opinions: Leica 280mm F2.8 APO Telyt Lens
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 22:04:23 -0600

Any experienced opinions on this lens?

How does the first series from 1984 differ from the (2nd?) version which
commenced production in 1992? Both seem to require (a massive) 112
filter size.

I finally obtained a copy of Erwin Puts' Lens Compendium and I do not
see where Erwin refers to two separate versions.

I currently own the 350mm F4.8. How does the early 280mm compare?

Is the current Modular APO Telyt-R Lens ultimately more useful/better?

All opinions always welcome.

Regards,

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta