Subject: RE: [Leica] Private property and buildings
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:23:06 -0500

Matt,

I think it's really interesting how different people respond to cameras. I
can vividly remember the times I've been kicked out of places. But I think
over the long run having a camera has gotton me into more places that it has
gotton me kicked out.

Just recently I was in an area that was off limits. It was in a restricted
area (although barely over the line) near a dam along the Columbia River. A
guy who patrols the area happened to see me from above. He looked down and
yelled. I showed him my camera and said I was taking pictures. I knew I was
over the line and I was ready to bug out if he'd told me to. However, ,he
gave me a nod and he moved on. Again, this is one instance where I didn't
get kicked out due to the fact that I HAD a camera.

I've had the negative stuff happen too, but more often the positive.

Dave