Subject: Re: [Leica] 360 degrees of Midway fun at
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 18:54:35 -0400

on 9/7/01 5:44 PM, Steve Rowell at steverowell@yahoo.com wrote:

> Looks like you've hit a groove with the pans. They
> really seem to offer a new set of compositional
> challenges though. In this one, I find the tree toward
> the middle a little distracting. It seems to split the
> image. The thing I like most about this project is
> when you nail it the resulting image has a real sense
> of place.

The centre of the pan is of course arbitrary because the ends meet up... but
choosing where to put it is very hard. In this case the building on the
right facing 'in' begs to be the right hand side, which puts that big
carousel in the centre. I tried a few other orientations but they all looked
a bit arbitrary. I did a few other pans here which may be more satisfying.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 360 degrees of Midway fun at)