Subject: Re: [Leica] Private Property and Buildings
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:46:27 -0400 (EDT)

There I was, walking the streets of Amsterdam early one
Sunday morning in November, with my M3 and 35mm f/2 goggle
lens, using Ilford HP5. It was raining (Amsterdam). I saw
this interesting building and whipped out the Leica from
beneath my raincoat and fired a few shots at a guessed
f/4 and 1/60 sec. In a moment, this big guy comes running
towards me with his hands raised. He first yelled something
in Dutch andswi   sitched to English seeing no reaction from me.
He reached me and began shoving. Why was I photographing
the Scientology building? h se seed ems to be screeming. What
Scientology building? was my answer. Rather than wait until
my Leica was taken and I was punched to the ground, I turned
and walked away in quick-step. So much for a free press. Ed