Subject: [Leica] FS: 35/3.5 Summaron LTM, 2 Imarect finders
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 10:17:48 -0700

- - Summaron 35mm f/3.5, screw mount, S/N 881,6xx, scale in feet.
- - Perfect glass.
- - Recently CLA-ed by Sherry Krauter at Golden Touch.
- - Focus and aperture operate smoothly, click-stops are crisp and
positive.
- - Includes chrome rear cap, chrome Leica front cap, original Leica
slip-on chrome lens hood with setscrew

This is a good one.  The glass is perfect: no marks, no scratches, no
fog, no fungus, no oil on diaphragm.  There are some bright marks on
chrome finish, and a few of small scratches on the chrome ring
surrounding the lens front, and a miniscule amount of brassing on the
front edge of the barrel. There are two pinpoint marks and one small
ding on the lens cap.

..... Price $350.00

I've owned this lens since the early 80s, and I've taken very good care
of it.  I'm selling it because I now have a 35mm Summicron.

It is not mint, but it is probably as nice as a 1950s lens could be
that's actually taken pictures.  I've primarily used it to take
Kodachromes when traveling, and have never been disappointed in its
performance.  When shooting, the lens has always been protected by a
Series VI UV filters in a generic slip-on hood.

- -------

I also have two Leitz Imarect finders--the 35-135mm lyre-shaped
"universal" finder with the conical nose and variable mask.  The image
is *not* reversed left-right like the earlier Leitz universal finder.

#1 works well, but considerable chrome has peeled off the nose, showing
the underlying brass.  The optics are slighty fogged but quite usable.
... $75.00

#2 has cleaner optics and better cosmetics, only a little light brassing
here and there. The foot that goes into the accessory shoe has broken
off the body and is held in place only by the parallex correction
mechanism.  It could possibly be super-glued, or be used for parts.
...$25.00

- ----
Contact me off-list if interested.
- --Peter Klein