Subject: RE: [Leica] Private property and buildings
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:19:47 -0400

While visiting Vienna, Austria 18 months ago, I was shooting various
external locations throughout the city.  I happened to be shooting one
of the numerous palaces [forget the name of this one], when a complete
stranger comes up and starts giving me the fifth degree.  Wanted to know
what my light meter was, what I was doing there, etc.  As soon as he
finally saw my M3, which was concealed under my bulky coat while taking
meter readings, he relaxed and chatted with me for a short period.

It seems I was nosing around their current defense ministry [which I
didn't know] and my actions were enough to arouse suspicions.  However,
once he saw I was just a touron and didn't pose a threat, he let me
happily continue snapping pixs.

/Mitch