Subject: Re: [Leica] What are some other camera brands non-Leica which people here use ?
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:51:20 -0700

I still use  my 30 year old Rollei SL-35 and assortment of Zeiss (not
Rollei) lenses once in a while.  I also use a Rollei 3.5F TLR.  I have used
Leica only for a bit more that a year after wanting one for 25 years.  I use
the R4 with a few lenses and love it.  The meter is much more sensitive than
my old Rollei's.  The lenses are on par with the Zeiss except that I now
have a 100 macro bellows lens that beats the setup I use to use with my
Rollei (135 f4 Tessar on a bellows)  I use to think it was great, but not
compared with the 100 Elmar.  Almost had a 60 Macro, but that's a long
story.

I still feel guilty enough that I take my SL-35 out once in a while and
shoot it.  We have a history of thousands of rolls of film.  Still feels
good.

Aram

"'leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us'"<leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> Subject: [Leica] What are some other camera brands non-Leica which people
here
> use ?
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was interested in seeing what non-Leica photographers on this list
use...
> I have a Nikon 8008s which serves me rather well and will be adding a
Canon