Subject: Re: [Leica] couple more 360 pans
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:55:28 -0400

on 9/6/01 4:53 PM, Pablo Kolodny at pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar wrote:

> By the way, where was taken the "skyline-flat" ?

this was taken from the edge of the railway yards just east of downtown
Toronto

> What did you use to achieve such results ?

it's a long story but...

shoot 360 degrees of overlapping frames of 35mm film using a 17mm lens

scan the files

use special (free/shareware) programs called ptgui and panotools to reorient
the images, correct yaw pitch and roll, and finally remap the images to a
cylindrical projection

build these into a layered file in Photoshop and use layer masks to blend
them together

> Congratulations...
> And now, let me suggest you to switch your works into the big lovely dreamy
> black and white world... Just my personal taste, it should not be taken as a
> critic stuff.

all of these pans are produced as both color and bw images. Both of these
were much stronger in color as it happens. The underpass one really doesn't
work in bw because the red sofa doesn't jump out at you.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com