Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: To renew an older question - Film eating beetles
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:04:39 -0500

My mother-in-law (from Korea) put the rice in a pan, puts water into it,
and the beetles, eggs, grubs, pupae, and hopefully all of the droppings
float up to the top where they can be poured off. I guess rice beetles
date back so far, eating some of their remnants is acceptable.

We have the rice in a rice box that dispenses from below. I'm going to
try that dry ice trick. The lid comes off, and it is basically a small
rice "silo" that should keep the CO2 trapped for hours.

Thanks for the tip.

Jeff