Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Summilux/Noctilux and Tamron
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:46:56 -0500

Thanks, Sal, I appreciate your comments.

Interesting that the response about alien glass on a Leica was so
high.  As Mark R. pointed out, if I had been silent about the lens, I
probably could have gotten away with it.  Actually, I have before; the
family portrait at http://www.sonc.com/paw/family.htm was shot using
the same combination, one of my first shots through the Tamron on the
Leica.

I'd love to have the used 'lux 80mm that I know is nearby, or maybe
one of the 90's, but I'm still shopping, and other things take their
place ahead of that.  I bought the R3 because I wanted to improve my
longer focal length shots; I found the M6 and the CL, just don't
perform as consistently with my eye as I would like at 90mm.

As another aside, I got no negative response on my posting of week 31,
which was shot on a Jupiter 9 and a 30 year old Pentax SV.   Amazing.

The only real quarrel I have with the Tamron is that it seems to not
be able to use the R3's spotmeter.  I think that is a problem with the
size of the exit element on the Tamron.  No one has confirmed that
yet.  Stay tuned.

Thanks so much, and I appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Sonny