Subject: Re: [Leica] Two more scans (Oh no!)
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 20:34:36 -0500

Thanks, Henry.
    My email host server has been messed up today, and your
reply arrived before George's did; so far, his hasn't
arrived.  I  fear that in the morning I'll have a thousand
emails to contend with.

George,
    I really can't add much to the comments Henry posted,
except that I don't get your little joke about black african
and white bread.

Also, about half of the vehicles in Natchitoches Parish (we
don't call them counties here) are pick-up trucks.   Here,
there's no stigma to driving a truck, and I guess to someone
spending their time in Washington, those of us who pay the
nation's bills might look like jerks; but standing next to
our trucks, we're damn fine looking jerks.

I've spent my fair share of time covering stories in
Washington, and I was even offered a chance at a job at one
of the network bureaus there.  I politely declined.

About that pinhole shot.  I guess you're right.  P&S cameras
do have a sharper look.  My point was, if you shoot a
pinhole camera,  make a picture that only a pinhole can
make!

Earlier this year there was lots of interest and postings of
pinhole pics here on the LUG.  Just take a look at the
digest about a month after you joined the group.  Several
people posted pinhole shots. Some were excellent examples of
the unusual characteristics of the art.

I did some research on it, and found whole rooms set up as
pinhole cameras and camera obscuras.  I noticed  that at a
certain time of day, the holes in my venetian blinds project
little pictures on my wall from the yard next door.

I made a pinhole bodycap for my M6, and shot a few pics,
(none that I care to share,) but I did learn some things
about it, and that's what I do when I go out to shoot.  I
try to make pictures like none I have shot before.   I know
my chronicles of life in a small town may seem ho-hum to
many, but I am playing to a local audience here too, not
just the people in the LUG.

George, you have the resources to learn to make good
pictures.  You are a smart guy with lots of access.  You
have a kit of equipment that many could envy.  Don't waste
all that with the kind of stuff you've been posting.

Regards,
Sonny

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Two more scans (Oh no!))