Subject: Re: [Leica] Did Kodak at one time beat Leica in terms of lens quality???
From: "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@camera-collectors.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 15:58:08 -0600

At 03:33 PM 9/4/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>i am curious as to whether people use any of the kodak stuff, the retinas
>or medallists, or whatever.  it would be kind of fun to own a collector
>camera made right here in the U S of A.

I've used Ektar lenses on LF equipment.  Some have been mediocre, but the
Ektar on my Technika IV is quite sharp.  I've just begun using it, so I
reserve judgement on less tangible qualities like shadow detail until I've
done more extensive shooting.

Kevin M. Bell
www.camera-collectors.com
1-877-977-5091