Subject: RE: [Leica] Did Kodak at one time beat Leica in terms of lens quality???
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:12:10 -0500

I have a Retina, but I think it was made in Germany and marketed here.
If I recall, it has a 50/2.8 Xenar. I don't use it as it is a $40 camera
that needs $300 worth of work to bring it back to good working order
(leather bellows are very expensive these days). It took excellent
snapshots, but I wouldn't compare it to a Leica. None of the lenses
appear to be coated on mine.

Jeffery Smith