Subject: Re: [Leica] Appology
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:57:29 -0500

Cmrausr@aol.com9/4/019:50 AM

> I for one do not believe an apology is required, since it will
in no way
> modify the other member's attitude or behavior.

I hesitate to get involved in these name-calling forrays. But I
would like to suggest that:
    We should perceive that anything that anyone says on this, or
any other list, as that person's opinion. She or he has the right
to express that opinion, whether we agree with it or not. Right
wing, left wing, middle of the road, born again or not, let
people speak their thoughts.
    Each one of us can then draw conclusions about how that
individual thinks and communicates about any particular topic. We
can imagine that we know them (but of course we don't).
    We can then express our own opinions about "the topic". Each
reader will draw their own conclusions regarding the many
opinions on "the topic".
    I don't understand why or how it gets down in to the mud
slinging and name-calling at the individual(s), themselves.
    Expressing an opinion about a "topic", or an "image" seems to
me quite acceptable and quite different -  than expressing an
opinion about a list member's intelligence, personality, or very
personhood - which I find unacceptable.

George