Subject: Re: [Leica] dim witted
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:27:31 -0400 (EDT)

hold on!  the "right-wing" does not see manual labor as stigmatizing.

the economist thomas sowell (who some might term "right-wing") has for
many years eloquently demonstrated that "economic class" is a far more
mobile concept than many people realize.  waves of immigration have
successively played out the same story--people start off at the low
rung of the enonomic ladder (washing toilets at it were) to better
their station in life, and their children often become college-educated
and join the ranks of the middle- and upper-classes.

sowell's _ethnic america: a history_ is one of my favorite books
and i recommend it heartily as off-topic reading.

- -rei