Subject: Re: [Leica] lower classes don't use leicas?
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 12:51:50 +0200

le 04.09.2001 11:06, Mxsmanic à mxsmanic@hotmail.com a écrit :

> Tarek writes:

There is a lot of correlation between dumb business decisions and going out
of business. Building a photography business around one camera (any brand)
is a dumb business decision.

You seem to have more experience in the trucking business than I have, but
from what you write you hardly seem to be in the photography business.

>> Having two or three bodies while on assignment is
>> a way of securing my job and minimizing the risks
>> of hardware failure.
>
> Perhaps you have unlimited capital to invest.  Most businesspeople don't,
> however; indeed, if they did, they wouldn't have to work for a living.

It's not a matter of capital, it's a matter of business. I cannot take the
risk of losing ANY business. Yes I do invest a lot into my business, but I
certainly do not have unlimited capital. Compared to other businesses my
investments are pretty low. I have a client who invests the value of my
complete gear into his business EVERY YEAR, and that's a one (wo)man
business. It keeps the taxes down and the equipment up to date. Any
businessman knows that.

>> What a joke! You tell me how to get any camera body
>> repaired in the middle of nowhere ...
>
> Most photographers do not work in the middle of nowhere, as there is very
> little
> demand for photographers in such places.

Right. ROFL. Either you are really stupid or you're just pretending to be
stupid and the performance is outstanding.

Tarek

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] lower classes don't use leicas?)