Subject: [Leica] Re: lower classes don't use leicas?
From: "Gregory Rubenstein" <gcr910@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 01:48:16 +0000

Group:

Agree with B.D.'s straightforward words. Would like to add that I'm very
partial to attendants and cleaners.

Why?

While traveling in Belgium several years ago I had one of those
two-plus-weeks-on-the-road intestinal attacks. 'Nuff said about that.

Was heading weakly out of the public facility I'd used near the Antwerp
train station, when I heard a voice calling, "Sir, Sir, Sir." Took me a
moment to realize it was me being called.

The voice came from the attendant I'd seen mopping the floor and checking
stalls when I'd wandered in. Stretched in the attendant's arms was my bag.
The attendant refused my attempts to give her money. Her English seemed
limited to "sir, sir, sir" and "no, no, no." She also dragged out a chair
and motioned for me to sit. I doubt that I looked too awfully well.

Anyway, this traveler's tale seems relevant to the class thread.

Kudos to B.D. -- you said it very well; tactfully, too, in my humble
opinion. Stay on list!

Greg