Subject: Re: [Leica] lower classes don't use leicas?
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 14:03:13 -0400

on 9/3/01 11:19 AM, Mxsmanic at mxsmanic@hotmail.com wrote:

> Martin writes:
>
>> What can a pro wish more than camera/lens
>> reliability?
>
> Rapid and sure service when the reliability finally gives out (nothing is 100%
> reliable, not even a Leica).  Leica does not meet that criterion, and that
> alone
> would exclude it from consideration for many types of professional photography
> (essentially any type of photography that involves deadlines or performance
> guarantees).  When your livelihood depends on having a camera available at all
> times, or on meeting deadlines, you cannot afford to wait weeks or months for
> service if your equipment fails.

My job is not to defend Leica (USA) however, I will say as a professional
photographer and using Leicas since the  late 1950's I have had as good
service from Leica as I have received from Nikon Pro Service in repairs,
loaner and assistance.  In the early 60's you could drop off a M in the
morning and pick it up in the late afternoon(that has stopped).  This
service is only for full time working pros but it is there.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] lower classes don't use leicas?)